Become a leading team member of a Canadian based, world leading, manufacturer of environmental protection and flow measurement solutions.
Founded in British Columbia, Canada, Walsn Enterprises Ltd. is a professional manufacturer of industrial automation instrumentation for environmental protection as well as reliable and accurate flow measurement devices that provides customized solutions across the globe.
Walsn has already achieved great success in the field of environmental protection; our next goal is to grow sustainably by expanding into more emerging and stable markets. Our strategy is to attract the most talented individuals. Our policy is to provide industry leading compensation, career training, and a workplace welcoming of people of all backgrounds.
We are now extending the business model to the whole world while earning an excellent reputation for providing high product quality, superior technical expertise, outstanding customer service and flexibility to providing affordable solutions to the challenging problems facing end-users.
Our expertly trained and certified team of research & development engineers, instrumentation technicians, maintenance engineers and professional consultants forms a dependable and reliable resource for our global customers.
Walsn is committed to devoted to give all clients a better life by providing energy-savings, cost-savings and safe operating conditions.
Walsn's knows that its most valuable asset is its people. We make significant investments in this asset, and it pays dividends in the form of efficiency, engagement, and innovation. We share our successes with our clients through our 3S model:
• Share our expertise!
• Strengthen our relationships!
• Surpass our client’s expectations!
We are experiencing rapid growth that creates opportunities for a dynamic and outgoing individual to lead our sales expansion into the market in Indonesia. If you are a self-starter, possess strong leadership characteristics, can inspire others, give and take direction, implement urgency and accountability - you are who we are looking for!
If this sounds like you and you match the position requirements, we look forward to hearing from you!
Please send your resume and a cover letter to Sales@Walsn.comand explain why you would be a valuable asset to our growing team.
Position: Technical Sales Consultant - Outside
Department: International Sales Team
Located: Desirable candidate is located in Indonesia.
Reports To: Director, International Business Development
Summary: The Senior Technical Sales Consultant, Indonesia, will report to the Director of International Business Development and will collaborate on developing a business plan and strategic sales plan for the territory; and will be the key person to implement the defined Regional Sales Strategy, as well as assist in ongoing strategic planning and execute the action items necessary to realize the Walsn International Sales Team's Strategic Business Goals including hitting defined Regional Annual Sales Targets and achieving defined qualitative objectives.
The successful applicant will be constantly evaluating and suggesting improvements that will benefit the sales cycle and be instrumental in coordinating with supporting departments including Application Engineering, Technical Support, and Sales Support. The Technical Sales Consultant will be also assisting in the go-to-market business model transformation in order to achieve overall team efficiency.
Vertical sales expertise with strong local geographical, business and cultural knowledge are expected in this role to achieve Walsn business growth in the territory, with a focus on high productivity, to effectively promote all Walsn products and technology.
The Senior Technical Sales Consultant, Indonesia will be accountable for meeting the sales budget set for the region through approaches including making sales call, managing and improving sales process, channel management, and marketing. This position will work closely with multiple Walsn internal divisions globally including Research & Development, Technical Support and Service, Manufacturing, Production, Sales Process, Quality Control etc., to solve any issues in the territory.
A strong sense of entrepreneurship, innovation and strategic thinking, as well as an ambition to advance personal career goal by successfully tackling all barriers and completing the assigned tasks are the key factors of this role.
The Senior Technical Sales Consultant will support the Company's mission, vision, values and goals in the performance of their daily sales activities.
• Collaborate with the Marketing Department on developing newsletters, articles, webinars and other educational material for the territory.
• Under the guidance of the Director of International Business Development the Senior Technical Sales Consultant will be responsible for developing and supporting sales in Indonesia, including a balanced combination of End users, OEM accounts, EPC's, and other types of Channel Partners.
• Support marketing activities in the region by attending trade shows, conferences and other events as necessary to fully develop the Walsn brand in the territory.
• Identify and acquire leads, project opportunities and key customer accounts through all approaches including cold calls. Generate customer's interest and demand on all Walsn products and technology.
• Acquire, manage, penetrate, and evolve relationship with Strategic Accounts including End Users, Key EPC's and OEM's to secure strong market foot print. Establish long term strategic partnerships in the region.
• Be instrumental in getting Walsn products specified and/or Walsn technologies into customer's designs via End User specifications, Engineering firms RFQ's, Design Build Operate channels or other territorial equivalents.
• Develop new business by successfully generating and driving new initiatives including but not limited to: bringing in new accounts; looking for and creating new applications for the existing Walsn products groups; develop new forms of partnership with customers including recurring annual sales contracts, OEM accounts and continually supporting channel partners in the region.
• Conduct customer meeting, product presentation, proposal and quotation, sales negotiations, and all required front line sales work to acquire and secure bookings and billing.
• Find and track major construction, expansion or retrofit projects in the territory with Walsn sales potential.
• Cooperate with the International Sales Teams efforts when sale influences are inter-territorial.
• Comply with established Walsn pricing guidelines or make recommendations for special pricing subject to the International Business Development Directors approval.
• Continuously improve customers' written specifications for Walsn products.
• Fully participate in the ISO Quality Management System and strive for continuous improvement in the company's role as well as in the Technical Sales Consultant role under the direction of upper Management.
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
• Manage and maintain all client interactions in the Walsn CRM database.
• Identify new market segments for existing Walsn product portfolio.
• Introduce new product and solutions that enhance the Walsn product portfolio.
• Increase market exposure in Indonesia via all possible approaches including advertisement on public and professional media, exhibitions, and conferences.
• Maintain up to date detailed knowledge of Walsn products, solutions and/or services. Be able to present and discuss the technology in beneficial terms relevant to the customer.
• Maintain up to date market and competitor knowledge related to their product, solutions, services, etc.
• Create solutions which meet the customer needs effectively, while achieving optimum margins for Walsn.
• Differentiate suitable Walsn product offerings during the various stages of the sales process, effectively using Walsn resources and approved product marketing and product promotion material to actively support the customer through their decision making process towards a successful outcome.
• Record, track, update, and manage the sales process from lead acquiring all the way to final invoice collection.
• Monitor, measure, analyze and improve sales performance with a systematic reporting structure including the pipeline, forecast, booking, and invoicing.
• Update forecast accuracy and ensure on time bookings.
• Leverage all possible resources, internal and external, including logistic partners to develop and continually improve an effective and efficient sales process for the end user.
• Identify and create new opportunities to continuously increase the Walsn prospect funnel.
• Coordinate logistics with the International Business Development Manager – Asia, based in China.
• Work closely with the Technical Support & Service Departments, based in Canada and China, to ensure all pre and post-sale customer technical issues, complaints, and questions are resolved.
• Manage the tender/bid process in the territory including needs qualification, product selection, specification exceptions and quotation to meet orders, sales and margin targets as well as to maximize customer satisfaction in the assigned territory.
• Estimate date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of the company's production and delivery schedules while ensuring fulfillment of the order in accordance with customer expectations, while always focusing on enhancing customer satisfaction.
5+ years' experience in selling and marketing analytical instrumentation and flow measurement products to multiple vertical markets with sound track records in achieving and exceeding sales target and objectives.
• Previous working experience gained from key market players is a plus!
Strong vertical expertise including connection networks and knowledge of ecosystem in Industrial markets including: oil & gas, petrochemical, refineries, chemical, pharmaceutical, coal fired power plants, water, wastewater, food and beverage, rubber, textiles, mining, cement, chemical fertilizers, and others.
• Documented evidence of the ability to interact effectively with contractors, owners, and distributors with a focus on building long-term relationships.
• Strong commercial expertise and technical knowledge in analytical and flow measurement products.
• Excellent hands-on front line sales skill and solid experiences in both Direct and Channel sales
• Strong regional (Indonesia) background and experience with a global mindset.
• Fluent English in both speech and writing skills.
• English and Bahasa Indonesia are a must, any other language is an asset.
• Demonstrated capability to work independently on sales and customer management as well as continued customer development.
• Excellent presentation and communication with strong language and reporting skills.
• Outstanding sales and negotiation skills.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer relations and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to define customer specifications and needs in order to specify and quote an engineered product.
• Expert user of Microsoft Office products.
• 4-year Engineering degree or equivalent
• Aggressive, yet respectful, while possessing an intense desire to success.
• Shows a mechanical, instrumentation and/or chemical engineering aptitude.
• Process industry sales experience, familiarity with industrial process, instrumentation, piping, valves, pumps, etc.
• Has previous work experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment and understands rapid growth.
• Must possess excellent time management and organizational skills while maintaining a focus on an attention to detail.
• Has experience working within the RFQ and Tendering process.
• Entrepreneurship, Innovative, Out of the Box thinking.
• Must be willing to travel (>50%) and experience with working on the road.
• Result driven and customer oriented.
• Capable to improve performances through process management and improvement.
• Managerial experience is a plus for future business and organization expandsion.
• Good understanding of marketing-sales-engineering-operations interfaces.
• Capable to handle ambiguity and tackle barriers to achieve the final goal.
We offer attractive compensation, on-the-job training, growth opportunities, and a welcoming work environment with a company culture that respects and recognizes family. We thank you for your interest in this exciting expansion opportunity and look forward to reviewing your resume and cover letter.
Please note only those applicants that match the requirements for this role and make the shortlist will be contacted. Thank you for your interest with Walsn!